Thursday, January 16, 2014

Week 14

This is probably going to be short because it was a pretty normal week! I ate cat this week and that was probably the most exciting thing that happened... That's right. And no, it doesn't taste like chicken. Pretty bland to be honest. Would I eat it again? No. hahaha Anyways...

I froze all week! Who knew it gets cold in the Philippines?! Thankfully I brought some cardigans and a hoodie with me. I hope the storms stop soon and it warms up. I have no idea how I'm going to return back to Utah because I don't like the cold and whenever I go into places with AC here I crave the warmth from outside! Thankfully I still have 15 months to enjoy and I haven't even experienced the really hot season yet.

The Elders gave us part of their area and by doing so, we were able to gain a few new investigators. One of the members gave us a lot of referrals (Elders loss). I love referrals because it means we have work to do instead of tracting!!! Even though Sister Ganzagan and I opened up this area, we haven't had to do a lot of tracting. Let's hope it stays that way and we continue to build up our teaching pool because tracting is NOT my favorite thing.

We finally had the baptismal interviews for Jessica and Rose!!!!!!! We had to move their baptismal date to this coming Saturday because they didn't attend church last week. I wish I could enjoy Sundays more, but I'm always sitting there anxiously at church praying and hoping that our investigators and less actives will show up! Anyways, Jessica and Rose are very excited for their baptism and I'm so happy for them! I'm grateful for this opportunity to learn how to be more selfless and I'm sincerely so happy and excited when I see others' achievements and successes. And I get to be apart of a huge change in their lives which truly is a blessing.

I really don't have much more to say. Hopefully next weeks email will be a bit more exciting. I love you all and I want to thank everyone for all the support! Mahal ko kayo!

Love,
Sister Stettler

No comments:

Post a Comment