Monday, November 11, 2013

Week #5: MTC

Kumusta!

Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes! I think everyone here was more excited about my birthday than I was. We had a small birthday party and at devotional that night, President and Sister Howard (our branch president) had us sing and dance to Happy Birthday in Tagalog like 5 times. 

This week we got to teach two Filipinos! They just laugh at us because we aren't very good at the language. And then they like to correct us. Hey, at least we laugh along. But they are such a loving people and I am SO excited to go teach the people in the Philippines! Sister Coons and I skyped one of Brother Pearce's (our teacher) converts. We didn't get to teach very much of our lesson because we just got to really know her and her daughter. Missionary work is about so much more than teaching the gospel. It's really about loving the people you teach and helping them receive the restored gospel so that they can have happiness in their lives and return to Heavenly Father again someday.

This week just flew by. Nothing much happened. I've been working really hard on the language and I have come to have a deeper love for the scriptures. The Book of Mormon IS the word of God. I know that. I know it is true. And it truly testifies of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! Let's see. We also did intitatory last week. That was an incredible opportunity. The spirit is so strong at the temple. I also chatted with a returned sister missionary who teaches at the MTC while waiting and although I don't really remember what she told me, I was just filled with peace and gratitude for this chance I have to share the gospel with others. By the way, I'm totally making myself a prayer pillow when I get home. My knees are getting calused from praying so much! When in doubt, pray. When you're happy, pray. Just pray all the time, okay? It's the best thing ever!!! :)

We were supposed to get flight plans yesterday, but only some of my district got theirs. Hopefully I'll get mine on Monday! I can't believe that my group is the oldest group of missionaries in our zone. The new missionaries come to us with questions about the language and I surprise myself when I am able to give them answers. We'll see how that goes out in the field. haha. Part of our zone left on Sunday and that was actually really hard. These missionaries become your family and you really come to have a love for them. Thank goodness for modern technology. I'm so grateful I'll be able to continue to communicate with you all when I'm all the way around the world!

I feel like my emails right now are just really random. I can't wait until I actually have mission stories to share! So... here are some more random things... 
Now that I cut my hair really short, 5 other sisters in my zone have decided to do so as well. Gah! It's going to be so nice in the Philippines. I thought I was going to regret chopping it all off, but I absolutely love it! And that is all.

Anyways, I don't really know what else to talk about. Life is great. The church is true. The book is blue. Missionary work is AWESOME! Missionaries sing A WHOLE lot. Um, I love being a missionary! Not much else to say! It's the hardest work in the best way possible! I love you all and can't wait to hear more from you!

Mahal kita!
-Sister Stettler

The sisters decorated my door for my birthday

Roommates working out after I got out of the shower

Ran into Sister Prestwich from home! :) Love her :)

I'm a photographer :D

No comments:

Post a Comment