Monday, December 16, 2013

Week #10

Hello all! So happy to hear from lots of you. Everybody is all abuzz over Christmas and I love all the holiday cheer and wishes I've received.

Well, this email will probably be really short. My companion got sick again and then I spent the better part of this week in bed wishing I was dead. Let's just say having a high fever in the Philippines is NOT the funnest thing I've ever experienced. I think sickness just hangs over our apartment. I mean, I am very diligent in taking my vitamins and eating pretty healthy! This is probably my punishment for rolling onto the floor in the mornings and stretching for most my morning exercise. Flexibility is good... right?? I need to work on that... haha But the Elders are awesome. They came over and gave me a blessing and brought us food. Elder Nebeker joked awhile ago about seeing if we could get our whole district to the hospital and I told him that wasn't going to happen. So I am so glad I'm feeling better.

Also, church was awesome yesterday! We had four investigators come to church and I almost cried because I was so happy they came! They also all came to the First Presidencies Christmas Devotional that was broadcasted last night. I really hope they enjoyed that. They said they did. The spirit was so strong and I just prayed that they would feel loved and welcomed and feel the spirit as well.

I absolutely loved the Christmas Devotional. I know everybody saw it last week, but I wanted to put in my two cents. If you haven't seen it, it's on lds.org! Go watch! I really enjoyed Thomas S Monson's message. He said, "Giving, not getting, brings out the Christmas spirit." I've heard that a lot, but I've come to realize how much happier I am when I am giving to others rather than getting. To see others' reactions when I give them something from my heart is priceless. Especially when I share the gospel. Sharing the thing that makes me the happiest in this life, the gospel of Jesus Christ, is the most wonderful thing I've ever done. When I see others who have been blessed from putting their lives in the Lord's hands, I know that nothing can replace the joy I feel from being apart of that. That's really all I have to give this season. Myself. My time and service and that includes the Lord's time.

Sorry this is so short! I love you all!

Love,
Sister Stettler

No comments:

Post a Comment