Monday, March 24, 2014

Week 20

I'm beginning to believe that the tower of Babel was built in the Philippines. hahaha There are SO MANY dialects here, it's crazy! At least they really speak more Tagalog than Bikol (hey look, I finally know the correct spelling) in my new area so it's making learning the language easier.
What a week! Sister Tumagoy and I have been planning some workshops lately and we're both really excited for those. We're hoping to get the ward more involved in missionary work. I'll let you all know more about those later as they come up. We also had to postpone our baptism...... again. You know, I'm starting to wonder if I'm just a bad luck charm or if Satan and agency is really a real thing..... But I have to say that I'm so grateful for prayer as I've been able to turn to my Heavenly Father through these discouraging moments. And He makes up the difference because He is blessing me so much!!! On the bright side, we have some new investigators who are really starting to progress! It was just up and down all week with those we're teaching keeping their commitments. Especially church attendance. It was pouring yesterday and people don't really like to go anywhere when it's raining, so the chapel was pretty bare. I almost don't blame them because by the time we got to sacrament meeting, we were soaked. And the church is so small, we have our gospel principles in the clerk's office. Which means Air Conditioning! And one very cold Sister Stettler. I never like to be in AC rooms anyways, raining or not, because whenever we go back outside, I die of heat. But that's the way it goes. haha I laugh at myself because I can't believe I think 75 degrees is cold, and I grew up in Utah. Anyways...
Not much else to share. We worked really hard this week and then we got to go on a little vacation! Okay, not really, we're missionaries. But we celebrated Elder Lapana's birthday and I have never been so excited in my life to buy a birthday cake for someone. Funny how I've been learning how to really enjoy the little, little things. We went to Catherine's after our district meeting, which is a beautiful resort here in our zone. Beach and mango shakes? Yeah, I'll take that any day. I think Elder Lapana really enjoyed his birthday though. We wrapped all his presents in Christmas wrapping paper because that's all I had. Mmm... Missionary life. It's great. Work hard, play hard. :) Yup. Naga mission is the best mission! ;) The church is true!!!!!!!!!! I love this gospel. I love the Lord's work. I love my Savior and I'm grateful He's my best friend. I love you all!

Love,
Sister Stettler

No comments:

Post a Comment