Monday, March 24, 2014

Week 21

Kumusta ka??
So this week was kind of crazy but great! I finally found one of those white sand beaches! We had our community service project on an island and cleaned up the area there. Sister Tumagoy and I also had our first workshop too. It was a musical workshop and we taught the youth and YSA how to lead the hymns. Believe it or not, it wasn't my idea. They all loved it so much that we're going to do it again one Sunday. Then we focused on missionary work and sang "Called To Serve." The only other time I've heard the youth sing that song with power was in the MTC. It was so awesome! I'm so excited for the youth in the ward who are looking forward to serving missions.
Ok, I have to apologize because I never proof read these emails I send because I guess I'm just lazy.. And then I've gone back and looked at them and thought... "Oh dear." So..... sorry!

Anyways, a lot of our investigators are doing great in their Book of Mormon reading! And our less actives!!!!!!! When they read the Book, they come to church. It's like, Bam. Magic. Just kidding. It's really the spirit. I am SO grateful for the spirit!!! I've said it many times before and I will never stop saying it. The spirit is ESSENTIAL to doing the Lord's work. Without the spirit, we wouldn't succeed. This week, I had a few experiences where the spirit testified to me of His purpose. One of those was while we were teaching one of our investigators, Domingo. He truly is an investigator. He asks so many questions and really difficult ones too. The spirit was so strong as we taught him, and I knew that we wouldn't have been able to answer his crazy hard questions without guidance from the spirit. But the thing that really stuck out to me was as I sat there listening to his responses, the spirit bore testimony to me that it was bearing testimony to him. And I mentioned an experience before where when the spirit is that strong, I understand everything in Tagalog. It was just different this time because I didn't understand completely the language, but I still just knew what he was saying... I really, really don't know how to explain it... It was one of the coolest experiences I've ever had though! :) I'm so grateful to see the Lord's hand in my life. I know that the gift of tongues is real, and the power of the spirit is REAL.

I can't even express how grateful I am for the opportunity to be here on my mission. Heavenly Father called me to be here in the Naga Mission for a reason. I love this gospel so much and I know The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is true!
I love you all!
-Sister Stettler

No comments:

Post a Comment