Monday, March 24, 2014

Week 22

Hello everyone!!!
Another week just flew by. I can't believe it. Sometimes the days are SO long and then before I know it, I'm emailing home again. Except I'm probably one of the only missionaries who DOESN'T look forward to P-day because it takes me so long to do my laundry and then we are so busy for the rest of the day! As a side note, it used to take me 5 hours to do my laundry and now it only takes me 2 and a half. I think I'm finally starting to become a Filipina! ;)

Anyways, first of all, who is excited for General Conference?? Because I'm stoked! :D I'm just bummed I don't get to watch it until a week after. Buuuut that's ok because the prophet's words aren't going to change, right? ;) haha Conference has just been on my mind lately. I can't believe I left right after last conference. Our lives just kind of fly by. I'm just doing my best to make the most of the time I have now. Especially because it's not my time, it's the Lord's.
We had our missionary workshop this week which went over really well. When we told them we have another one planned for next week, they were really excited. It really surprised me actually. We taught the youth and YSA how they can share the Book of Mormon with their friends/relatives, etc. Some of those kids who did practice teaching with me are wonderful little missionaries! When I did my part of the workshop I asked who wanted to serve a mission and almost all the hands went up. So awesome!
Ano pa? (What else)...... we have a few new investigators! It's sometimes so hard to teach in some places though because all they care about is that I'm white. My last area wasn't like this so it's been taking some getting used to. So I've started to do what the Elders in my district do. Whenever they say "Amerikano!" I'm like, "Saan?! (Where?)" hahaha Um ya. That's actually pretty hilarious. And one time I told some kids that I was convinced that I'm a Filipina. But in reality? All I want is people to focus on Christ's name that's on my name tag. I was even discussing the importance of Jesus Christ's name on our name tags and how our message is centered around Christ with some investigators. Then after that, it leads to our purpose, which is to invite others come unto Christ. Remember Domingo? Well, we were asking him what service project we could do for him after the lesson, and I think that really changed his perspective about the missionaries and about Mormons. During the lesson, Sister Tumagoy asked him why he thinks we are there and he said because we want him to get baptized. I was thinking..... oops. Yes of course we want him to be baptized, but not for our sake! So we did some of our how to begin teaching bullet points (ummm... those basically set our expectations and help us know the investigators expectations as well), and I think he finally realizes that we are here on errand of the Lord and we are here to HELP him come closer to His Savior. Not make him join our church. It was a good learning experience for me.
If there's still snow, please send me some. IT IS SO HOT HERE!!! Sometimes I get done taking a cold shower and then I want to take one all over again. But that's life. And I'm actually loving it. :) And that's really all.
The church is true!!! I'm probably going to continue to end all my emails with that..... because my testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel is NEVER going to change. I love my Savior and I know He atoned for each one of us. We never have to be alone because He is there for us. He sees every tear and knows every fear we face and he is there to lift us up and make us stronger. I know that my redeemer lives!!!
I love you all so much!

Love,
Sister Stettler :)

No comments:

Post a Comment